Achievements Are the Most Important Ingredient of a Winning Resume Outline
Basically, an achievement is the successful completion of something. When talking about resume achievements, it must be interpreted as show on your resume what you can do based on something that has been accomplished by your hard work, ability, or perseverance in previous jobs or activities.
Achievements Resume Mining
It is surprising how quickly some people can forget what they have achieved or play down their role in successes. Sometimes this is because you are not feeling too good about yourself. You may have lost your job, or you have been out of the workforce for a long time. You MUST learn to recognize the symptoms if you are playing down your achievements.
Before starting to write achievements on your resume, recall your work history. At this stage, do not attempt to decide whether the information is relevant or not. EasyJob, our resume builder software will help you to do it further. Just consider, for instance, if you:
- Created, reorganized or established any procedure or system, such as new forms, guidelines, policy statements, manuals, flow charts, etc. that helped to save time, increase productivity or reduce labor time or costs.
- Were complimented for special competence or performance, such as handling difficult situations or solving problems that other staff either didn’t know how to solve or did not want to face.
- Were put in charge of special projects: coordinating conferences or trade shows; analyzing and improving any type of system or program, etc.
- Received promotions or awards for goals achieved.
- Outside work achievements, like raising money for charity, being elected to a comitee.
- Won a league, a race, captaining a sport team.
Look closely at all the activities you have listed in each period of your life and break through the modesty barrier. We believe very strongly that achievements are extremely important to highlight on your job resume. Then, remind two golden rules about resume achievement:
- Resumes exist to tell the world what you have achieved. Achievements count.
- Everybody has achievements, some are just better at hiding them than others.
How to Write Achievements on Your Resume
When discussing resume achievements, use numbers to describe them. Do not generalize; instead, use numbers and percentages to get your points across.
EasyJob includes examples of powerful resume achievements!
Numbers will help you draw well-deserved attention to your accomplishments from prospective employers. Nothing is more impressive in a resume/CV than explaining specifically how you increased revenues and profits, improved product or service quality, or increased operating efficiencies or reduced costs.
Sample Resume Achievements by EasyJob
If you are using EasyJob Resume Builder to write your resume, choose from the many examples of achievements given by the Guru and don’t worry about which ones to emphasize. You only have to choose the achievements-oriented resume format, and the resume builder program will write a resume which leads the prospective employer to your accomplishments at the first glance. Check it out NOW for FREE!