Cover Letters Tips
Job Cover Letter Tips to Get You Started
Here are some cover letter tips to get you started:
- Don’t make your job cover letter too long or too short, between 15 and 20 lines is a reasonable length. If you have an extensive work history or are near or over 50 years old, your cover letter can and probably should be longer.
- Do some research about the company or group of companies to whom you are writing, so that you can incorporate that knowledge into the job cover letter. It will show that you are familiar and concerned with the company’s course of events.
- If you are responding to an advertisement, the job cover letter must address the needs and requirements stated in the ad and how you are qualified to fulfill them. Mention where you heard about the position opening.
- You should mention any geographic preference you may have, so the employer outside your preferred area will not contact you.
- Make certain that someone other than yourself proofs your cover letter for spelling and grammar.
- Write a polite formal ending without being obsequious.
Job Cover Letter by EasyJob
If you are using EasyJob Resume & Cover Letter Builder software, you won’t have to worry about any of these issues. EasyJob creates the right job cover letter for you, according to your job-search situation:
- looking for your first job
- short work experience
- long and consistent work history
- time gaps in your work history
- your are near or over 50
- and more…
What’s more? EasyJob is the unique resume-writing program that creates also job cover letters for you. Free download the demo here and check it out NOW!